Starting my etiquette business has been one of the most rewarding experiences for me.
Being an entrepreneur today is interesting, fulfilling, and challenging and I love every second of it.
Today’s article shares my experiences and what I would do differently if I were starting now.
Being an etiquette consultant, coach, expert, etc., provides so much value. Children and adults need the skills we are teaching.
We change lives in a way that matters from childhood to adulthood.
Children feel more comfortable and confident when they learn good manners and life skills
This is a question I am often asked and one which I love to answer. When asked, I immediately relate because we both recognize not only the need for manners in our society, but we obviously share a passion for teaching.
Let’s be honest, passion is absolutely necessary when starting a business, but you also need to have a plan on how to grow and be successful in this arena.
I have compiled a list of six things I wish I had known when starting my own etiquette business.
How to Start Your Own Etiquette Business
- Good manners and knowing HOW to teach the subject are very different things. It pays to have a plan, not only a business plan but a LESSON PLAN. You can go to Barnes and Noble or find a free handout online, but trust me, it just doesn’t work. Children are smart and savvy, so have a lesson plan to teach from that work.
- Keep your eyes on your own paper. Yes, you must know what is going on with your competition, but keep moving forward. You know what you are capable of doing. You must be confident in your abilities. Go out and make it happen your way.
- Network and be resourceful. Get out of your home office and network. Everywhere you go there is literally an opportunity to teach manners or to connect with someone. This is not a controversial subject. You will be pleasantly surprised how many will want to talk to you about it. Not only look for connections for your business but also look for ways to connect with others. Be resourceful. If a private instruction client mentions she needs a math tutor, have a name to give her that is in your list of contacts.
- Start now and build your email list. Even if you start with your best friend and older sister, it is a start. Don’t underestimate this important step.
- Stay focused. Focus on one thing and do it well. For example, if you are in the midst of planning your website complete it before going on to the next task.
- Take action. Don’t let this overwhelm you. Take one small step forward to create a business you love.
To follow Manners To Go on Facebook, click here.
To learn more about becoming a certified etiquette consultant, click here.
Here is a FREE Guide to Help YOU Start a Business Teaching Manners to Children
CLICK THE IMAGE TO GET THE DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW
Here Are Your Next Steps
Get to Know Manners To Go™
Most likely, you will want to get to know us. Feel free to call or email us. Click on the links below. We are happy to discuss the details with you.
“Live” Video Training
If you are looking to start immediately and save money on travel and time, then this is your best option.You choose the dates of our trainings. Most choose to have their sessions once a week, others twice. This is a “live” and private training. It is NOT self-guided.
PRIVATE Training. That’s right, we meet in person, the two of us and our focus is completely on your business. Click the image above or follow the button below to learn more and to see a list of cities available for your training.
Receive the curriculum and book your training dates
Upon payment, you receive the curriculum. Next, we will send an email asking you to schedule your first training date.