Help Your High School Students Create Brighter Futures for Themselves
As a high school teacher, you know how important it is for teenagers to understand how to behave appropriately in different social situations. Students who demonstrate basic etiquette and social skills – and show respect and consideration for others – create a more positive impression in the eyes of their peers and the adults in their lives. As a result, they are more likely to be presented with opportunities that allow them to grow and thrive. This has a major impact on their ability to excel both academically and socially and plays a role in determining which colleges or universities accept them as students.
The Manners To Go™ High School curriculum makes it fun and easy for you to teach these skills to your students and prepare them for success in their post-secondary career and throughout their adult lives. This module includes a job skills component to help students understand how to perform successfully at job interviews.
Fun, Age-Appropriate Activities Help Your High School Students Learn:
- First impressions
- Social skills
- Digital decorum
- Appearance matters
- Phone skills
- Dining skills
- How to set the table
- How to hold a fork correctly
- Napkin etiquette
- Conversational Eloquence – eliminating meaningless interjections such as, “like,” “um,” and “ya know” from their speech
- American Style versus European: what is the difference?
- How to manage your online presence
- What to post and what not to post
- A powerful, professional and polished handshake
- A business and casual introduction
- Job Skills Component
- Job interview skills
- Preparing for and getting your first interview
What to wear
How to sit
What to say
How to handle yourself from start to finish
How to follow-up after the interview
Why teach Manners To Go™ in high school?
Students who learn the Manners to Go™ curriculum become more polite, well-rounded teenagers and adults.
Here are some of the qualities you can expect them to exhibit:
- Greater confidence and self-esteem
- More empathy for others
- Empathy for others
- Improved etiquette and social skills in the classroom
- Parents notice a difference in their behavior at home
- Better manners in everyday life outside the classroom
- Greater willingness to take on new challenges and leadership roles
As a result, they will receive more positive feedback from adults and peers, which will continue to boost their self-confidence and develop new skills and abilities that make it easier for them to excel in life.
It’s never been easier to teach your high school students valuable social skills that will serve them throughout their lives.
- The content is fresh, witty and speaks to middle school students
- Fun role-playing activities are included for each module.
- Activities are based on situations that occur in a middle school student’s everyday life.
- The program easily fits into your day and may be taught in 10, 20 or 30- minute sessions./li>
- The lesson plans are designed to be customized to meet your timeframe and include suggested dialogue.
Order the High School Package Today
Give your students the tools they need to thrive in any social situation and make a lasting positive impression on others.
All Courses Include:
- 25 modules (Over 190 pages of lesson plans and handouts)
- Ready to use handouts to print or to use with Smart-board
- Curriculum provided as an electronic file for easy download
I want to thank you for your time and efforts yesterday. Your presentations were absolutely fantastic. The young ladies were engaged and the staff cannot stop talking about both presentations and how much they learned. I hope in the future we could work together again and put on another successful women’s conference for a new bunch of ninth grade young ladies. I cannot thank you enough for all you did. I hope more schools will be able to experience what we experienced yesterday.
Manners To Go offered my special needs students a fun and interactive way to enhance their social skills. Rather than paper and pencil, they were able to extend their learning and practice real world scenarios. They really loved the handshake lesson and comparing the proper versus improper way to shake. They were actually excited about doing their homework, shaking hands with family, teachers or friends.
In today’s ever interconnected world, young people need an “interpersonal currency” that is widely accepted and easy to use. Manners To Go puts the etiquette of our time and culture in their pockets, and in doing so, opens doors of friendship and opportunity. Some young students have been shown these manners before by their parents, teachers and leaders, but by actually making it a formal lesson in Manners To Go”, the whole notion of shaking hands or formal introductions becomes demystified. Even a shy preadolescent will gain confidence when she or he is taught why and how to shake hands or make an introduction. For middle and high schoolers on the threshold of adulthood, Manners To Go gives them the playbook of how to be treated seriously by acting maturely through manners. By making it fun, they will take this “interpersonal currency” wherever they go and won’t leave home without it.