Are you a middle school educator who desires to teach manners, character education and social skills in your classroom?
You are aware of the importance of teaching manners to tweens and teens.Learning manners is crucial and is an educational and societal priority.
Manners To Go makes it very easy to implement a social skills program in your classroom.
- Eye contact
- Conversation skills
- Communication skills
- “Like”, “Um”, “Ya Know”: time to take a stand and stop
- Tech manners
- Thank you notes
- Table manners
- Manners in public places
The results we are seeing:
- A polite and well-rounded tween/teen
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Empathy for others
- Using good manners and social skills in the classroom
- Showing their parents what they have learned at school
- Displaying good manners in everyday life outside of the classroom
The Manners To Go™ Program Works Because
- The content is fresh, witty and speaks to middle school students
- Role-playing activities are included for each module.
- The activities are fun and occur in our everyday life.
- The program easily fits into your day and may be taught in 10, 20 or 30 minute sessions.
- The lesson plans are designed to be customized to meet your time-frame and include suggested dialogue.
- The program may be taught at a school assembly or other special event.
In today’s ever interconnected world, young people need an “interpersonal currency” that is widely accepted and easy to use. Manners To Go puts the etiquette of our time and culture in their pockets, and in doing so, opens doors of friendship and opportunity. Some young students have been shown these manners before by their parents, teachers and leaders, but by actually making it a formal lesson in Manners To Go”, the whole notion of shaking hands or formal introductions becomes demystified. Even a shy preadolescent will gain confidence when she or he is taught why and how to shake hands or make an introduction. For middle and high schoolers on the threshold of adulthood, Manners To Go gives them the playbook of how to be treated seriously by acting maturely through manners. By making it fun, they will take this “interpersonal currency” wherever they go and won’t leave home without it.Marikay Satryano
All Courses Include:
- Easy to use lesson plans that state the objective, activities, items needed and room set-up for each topic
- 23 modules (resulting in over 160 pages of lesson plans and handouts)
- Ready to use handouts that may be used with a Smart Board or printed
- Continual access of resources from The American Academy of Etiquette to assist teachers
- The curriculum is provided in an electronic file for a quick and easy download