What can we do in our daily lives to return to the art of being refined?
I recognize the world has changed. We are more casual than we have ever been.
Adding a few small details can make us and others feel a bit more special.
Today, I am sharing my ideas on ways in which we can add actions to become more refined in our daily life.
Returning to refinement involves taking a closer look at a project, idea, or process and making improvements or adjustments to enhance its quality, effectiveness, or aesthetics.
If you are interested in the world of etiquette, then this article is for you.
How to Add Refinement to Daily Life
- Personal Development: Continue to learn and adapt. Invest in ongoing learning and personal development. Read books, attend seminars/webinars, and take courses related to leadership, communication, and self-awareness. The more you learn, the more self-aware you can become. You also become more interesting and engaged with life. As an etiquette expert, it is important you continue to learn and grow in your field.
- Friendships: Continue to foster your friendships and be open to new ones. Invite friends over for lunch, dinner, game night or coffee. Friendships add so much to our lives.
- Communication Skills: After a conversation with a spouse, client or friend, take time to reflect on the communication process. Consider how you can improve your communication style, whether it’s being more concise, using more appropriate language, or enhancing your non-verbal cues.
- Dress the Part: This is a big one. We certainly live in a more casual society but that doesn’t mean that we have to be like everyone else. If it is your true nature to dress up a bit – be more refined, then do so. Be true to yourself. Add the navy or blue blazer and wear with your favorite jeans..
5. Time Management: Evaluate your daily routines and schedules. Is it time to refine how you spend your time. Are you prioritizing the right tasks?
6. Set the Table: Practice using your table manners at home. Add cloth napkins. Sit down to family meals more often. Even if you are having your coffee or tea alone in the mornings, put it in a beautiful cup.
7. Your Surroundings: Add fresh flowers to your desk or in the kitchen. Tidy your desk before you leave in the evening.
8. Your Bedroom: Make up your bed everyday. This takes so little time and makes a big difference.
9. Thank You Notes: The first step is to write them and if you want to be more refined, then write them on a note card. If you want to take it the next step, personalize your stationery. This not only enhances the experience for the receiver but you as well.
Returning to refinement is an ongoing process that helps you enhance your personal and professional life.
Here is a FREE Guide to Help YOU Start a Business Teaching Manners to Children
CLICK THE IMAGE TO GET THE DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW
Here Are Your Next Steps
Get to Know Manners To Go™
Most likely, you will want to get to know us. Feel free to call or email us. Click on the links below. We are happy to discuss the details with you.
“Live” Video Training
If you are looking to start immediately and save money on travel and time, then this is your best option.You choose the dates of our trainings. Most choose to have their sessions once a week, others twice. This is a “live” and private training. It is NOT self-guided.
PRIVATE Training. That’s right, we meet in person, the two of us and our focus is completely on your business. Click the image above or follow the button below to learn more and to see a list of cities available for your training.
Receive the curriculum and book your training dates
Upon payment, you receive the curriculum. Next, we will send an email asking you to schedule your first training date.